Conversation today with Girl Child
"Mama, I want to experiment in the kitchen with flour, milk and egg, Okay?"
"Ummm... I think now is not a good time."
"It's okay, I have everything ready I just need a bowl and a glass to measure the milk."
At this point I realize that I am not going to get the 25 minutes of browsing Pintrest that I was hoping for.
*Sigh*
I walk into the kitchen and indeed she as everything she needs, except the bowl and glass measure cup that are above the stove out of her reach. She is at the sink scrubbing our cast-iron skillet, that she has brought over from the stove.
"I'm not using soap on your good black pan Mama." Indeed she isn't.
I inquire how she hopes to cook her experiment.
"Let's fry them, do we have oil?" Yes, yes we have some.
She measures the gluten free mix into the bowl, put's it aside, poured out some coconut milk, cracked an egg into it, asked me to pour a little oil into her milk mix "Oh! and vanilla too! Please"
She mixes the liquid into the flour mix, it is very thick. "Can we add some more milk?"
I help pour some more in, "Perfect! Can we add some sugar too?"
Down comes the sugar canister and about 2 big table spoons go in and Mix Mix Mix.
While she was mixing, I poured about an inch of oil into the pan to heat. I also took out baking soda and a lid and set them near by in case of distraction.
When the oil is hot Hot HOT! I drop big dollops of batter into the oil, sputtering. This is the only part of the experiment I wouldn't let her do.
As I am turning these doughy globs in the hot oil, Girl Child is getting cinnamon and sugar out and pouring it into a bowl. She says she wants to roll them in this when they are done in the oil....
So the finished product... something that tastes so close to an apple fritter I am in heaven... Lovely Lovely.
Those fritters look delicious!!!! How fun!!! Your kids are toooo cute!!! Love the long hair on both of them!!! Ciao Bella! Emily
ReplyDeleteThanks Emily! The Boy child wants his hair cut, but each time we go to do it he back pedals and decides to wait a bit.
ReplyDelete