Saturday, May 5, 2012

Foraminifera


I have been working on this cowl for what seems like ages.
I started it shortly after we arrived in our new home. 
Life seems to go on and it doesn't always include time to knit lace.
I tried to use little opportunities like when the kids were at swim lessons 
and I had a half our to sit and wait.  That was however too much, 
I would come home and have to knit back or pick up stitches and
otherwise fix the mistakes I made while trying to knit and watch the progress
of my Little Ones becoming swimmers. 

I did get a chance to knit a few stitches while we were at the Eiffel Tower.
When I say a few, I really mean 3sts.




So many times I sat working on this while my people were all sound asleep.  
Sometimes I would have a movie playing in the background, 
but I have to admit subtitled movies didn't work well.

Cast-Off


A little wash.



Blocking (or bolstering as the case is here)



 Off the Bolster.




 Finished. 

I can't seem to get a picture of the rippling effect of the yarn. 
It looks like shallow tropical blue water on a white sandy bottom... 


 

3 comments:

  1. YAY! You finished it & it is so Pretty!! Awesome Job Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have been wearing it quite a bit these last couple of months...maybe we will get summer soon. IT MUST COME!

    ReplyDelete